Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Word About Fries


Rick Lee is so enthusiastic in his praise of Chris' fries that I thought I should briefly comment on these, the natural companion of a real WV Hot Dog.

I gave up fries completely a few years ago as a dietary decision. I couldn't give up hot dogs and hamburgers so I reasoned that if I could cut out the fries I could cut enough calories out of a typical fast food meal to make it somewhat healthier. I miss them, I really do. There is nothing better with a dog and a root beer. Good onion rings are great, but onion rings are too unpredictable to order just anywhere. Fries, on the other hand, are like sex: When they are good, they are very good, and when they are bad, they're still pretty good.

Even though I don't eat them anymore, my memories linger and I have to say that Romeo's has the fries that please my palate most. They are standard crinkle cut frozen fries, but the way they cook them they turn out crip and delicious. My mouth is watering just writing about them.

Feel free to post a comment about your favorite fries.

3 comments:

stacey abshire said...

My favorie fries are o'rieda fries that I deep fry, and soak in salt. Yum! Yum! Yum!

Rick Lee said...

One strange thing about Chris' and fries. They'll bring you this giant basket of fries but you have to ask for a fork. If I'm going to eat those fries drowning in ketchup, I want a fork please. I'm a civilized person.

Sprinkles said...

Oh those fries look SO yum! I have, for the most part other than maybe once in awhile, cut out fries from my diet too.

"Fries, on the other hand, are like sex: When they are good, they are very good, and when they are bad, they're still pretty good."

That really cracked me up!

Fork or no fork, I'd eat those in a heartbeat...especially if they were hot and salty ...with a cold, creamy, sweet milk shake to wash them down with! Mmm!

I'm not in the area, but I wish I was to give those fries a whirl...