Monday, April 10, 2006

A Brand New Charleston Area Hot Dog Joint - Meadowbrook Diner


I confess, I have a soft spot in my heart for new locally owned restaurants. This blog gives me an opportunity to help get the word out about new places to the four or five people that religiously read these posts (you know who you are!).

Well, here's the latest discovery. I happened across it today and just had to stop and see if they had dogs. Yep, they do!

The diner is located just past Capital High School in an unassuming little metal building. The interior finish belies the outside appearance. It is a quaint little place with quite a varied menu. At lunch time it was mostly full, surprising since it has only been open for two weeks. Several camo uniforms made it clear that the word had gotten out at National Guard HQ, which is located nearby.

I am happy to report that the hot dogs are great. A classic country-style WVHD with mustard, meaty "Church" style chili, chopped onions and lots of sweet cole slaw. Very satisfying for a buck twenty-five. Service was gracious, fast and friendly.

I am really looking forward to going back for dinner some evening. The sign says they are open 7-7, so maybe even breakfast some morning.

No comments: